- Different key stages and different types of schools, each with its own personality
- Creative and effective approaches to learning and behaviour management
- For specialist placements
- For employment
- For future career progression
Known and recognised within the Alliance
- We purposefully have a select cohort so that we can offer you the personal attention and opportunities that you deserve
School Direct programme
Our School Direct programme offers the very best in teacher training to a select cohort. The number of students on our programme has been carefully selected to benefit you as a student. You will be known and recognised within the Alliance, receiving personal attention and opportunities. It also includes:
12 core training days at the University (variable).
On-going assessment of the quality of teaching and learning.
Specialist focus training days within the Alliance.
Opportunities for specialist placements – Early Years Foundation Stage and SEND.
Full-time learning alongside our expert teachers who have a wealth of knowledge, experience and strategies to pass on to you.
A minimum of 2 placements in two different phases and schools.
What are we looking for in our trainees?
We are looking for professionals who have a passion for making a difference for children and who are excited to be working with them and their families. We would like to see applicants who have a deepening understanding of child development and of what inspires and motivates children as learners.